Dear Students and Families,
Yesterday, our counties were placed in a state Directed Health Measure (DHM) until at least May 11, 2020. This was due to the fact that there have been community spread cases of COVID 19 within the South Heartland District Health Department. As a school, this doesn’t change many things from what we have already been doing the past couple of weeks. We do have some staff in the buildings and are following the guidelines that we’ve been given in meetings with our local health department officials and the Nebraska Department of Education.
Please help our staff stay as safe as possible by not coming to our buildings and remaining inside while our staff makes deliveries of food or packets to your homes. I encourage you and your families to help stop the spread of COVID 19 by following some of the basic guidelines from Department of Health and Human Services that I’ve copied below.
Nebraskans can help protect themselves from COVID-19 and other respiratory infections by:
- Staying home if you are sick and avoiding close contact with those who are sick.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.