Dear Students and Families,
I participated in my first zoom (video conference) Board Meeting last night and had my first two zoom meetings with staff this morning. I’m sure that I will become (like many of you) much better with some of these technologies during this time.
At our Board Meeting last night it was decided that we won’t be having school in our buildings until at the earliest, April 20th. We know that school may not be possible in our buildings after this date. The Board’s next regular meeting is April 14th at which time they can make a decision on the future with the latest information. We will be prepared to continue not having school in our buildings but will wait until that time to make that decision.
Our teachers have been preparing in case this closure happened. We met this morning – many on zoom and some in-person – to discuss the next steps. Mr. Arntt and his staff, as well as Mr. Bauer and his staff, have been working on what these next few weeks will look like. We will get this out to you as soon as it is complete. There are some logistics that we are working through and we will hopefully be up and running sometime next week. There are many things to consider and we are trying to work through them as quickly as we can.
As you know, there have been many postponements and cancellations across the state. We will try and keep you informed of events that are canceled or postponed as we learn of them. At this time we do know that our Prom will be moved to a later date. We know how much our students look forward to this event every year.
We will get through this together.